BigCommerce is a leading ecommerce platform that offers a range of pricing plans to suit businesses of all sizes. Understanding the cost structure can help you make an informed decision. This guide aims to break down BigCommerce’s pricing plans, additional costs, and how it compares to competitors like Shopify.
Standard Plan – $29.95/month
- Features: Unlimited products, file storage, and bandwidth
- Best For: Small businesses just starting out
- Limitations: Limited to $50k in online sales per year
- Example: If you sell t-shirts at $20 each, you could sell up to 2,500 t-shirts per year without exceeding the sales cap.
Plus Plan – $79.95/month
- Features: All Standard features, plus customer segmentation and abandoned cart saver
- Best For: Growing businesses
- Limitations: Limited to $180k in online sales per year
- Example: If you sell t-shirts at $20 each, you could sell up to 9,000 t-shirts per year without exceeding the sales cap.
Pro Plan – $299.95/month
- Features: All Plus features, plus Google customer reviews and faceted search
- Best For: High-volume sellers
- Limitations: Additional $150/month for every $200k in online sales over $1M
- Example: If you exceed $1M in sales, you’d pay an extra $150/month for every additional $200k in sales.
- Features: Customizable features tailored to your business needs
- Best For: Large enterprises
- Pricing: Custom pricing
- Transaction Fees: None
- Themes: Free and paid themes available
- Apps: Varies by app
BigCommerce vs. Shopify: Quick Pricing Comparison
- BigCommerce Standard: $29.95/month, No transaction fees, $50k sales cap
- Shopify Basic: $29/month, 2.0% transaction fees, No sales cap
- BigCommerce Plus: $79.95/month, No transaction fees, $180k sales cap
- Shopify: $79/month, 1.0% transaction fees, No sales cap
- BigCommerce Pro: $299.95/month, No transaction fees, Additional fees over $1M sales
- Shopify Advanced: $299/month, 0.5% transaction fees, No sales cap
- BigCommerce & Shopify: Custom pricing, Fully customizable
BigCommerce offers a variety of plans to suit different business needs. With no transaction fees and a range of features, it’s a strong contender in the ecommerce space, especially when compared to Shopify.