eMarketer’s Global Ecommerce Forecast 2019 Report predicts that ecommerce will continue to grow despite economic uncertainty around the globe. In 2019, China was the top global eCommerce market with 54.7% market share, followed by the US market which managed to gain $586.92 billion in ecommerce sales. Three of the top six markets are in Westen Europe with the UK leading the pack with $141.93 billion in ecommerce sales, followed by Germany ($81.85 billion), and France ($69.43 billion). India is also among the fastest-growing ecommerce markets that’s expected to reach $84 billion by the end of 2021.
If you’re interested to learn more about the best ecommerce sites in the growing ecommerce markets around the globe, check out our guides:
- Top 10 Canadian ecommerce sites 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in Australia 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in Brazil 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in Germany 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in India 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in Japan 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in Mexico 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in Spain 2020
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in the UK
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in the USA 2020
With over 2 billion digital buyers around the globe in 2020 and forecasts that the global ecommerce market will reach two trillion US dollars by the end of this year, the world’s ecommerce businesses continue to grow at a steady pace.
Savvy entrepreneurs, ecommerce website owners, and newbies in the world of online retail will find useful resources on our site that can help them scale their businesses. From ecommerce glossary, useful guides, and reviews of the biggest online marketplaces, to ecommerce news, reviews of the largest ecommerce platforms, and a list of the best ecommerce jobs, Ecommerce Guide is here to help rising ecommerce professionals reach their business goals.