Shopify stores sometimes catch a little flak since they can look quite similar – that is, if their owners aren’t aware of the customization options available to them. The old saying, “knowledge is power” certainly rings true here.
However, we would contend that the similar look of a lot of ecommerce stores – rigid grid systems, massive headers, and clunky menus – can be negated with the right tweaks. Quite simply, any Shopify store can become a stunner with a little thought.
To support our claim, we’ve put together a list of the best 25 gorgeous Shopify stores divided into categories for easier browsing. If they can’t inspire you to get to work in your own store, nothing will!
If you are not familiar with Shopify, you can read our full Shopify review here.
Table of Contents
- 1 Food and Beverage Shopify Store Examples
- 2 Fashion Shopify Store Examples
- 3 Artistic Shopify Store Examples
- 4 Pets Shopify Stores
- 5 Home Decor Shopify Store Examples
- 6 Conclusion
Food and Beverage Shopify Store Examples
Good food and drink are a feast for both the palate and the eyes – and your Shopify store should be no exception. Devour our top choices below.
1. Ratio Coffee
- Elegant scrolling system with simple animations.
- Harmonious color palette.
- Simple product pages featuring the items in action.
- Non-obtrusive email signup feature.
Teaglad was created with one simple idea in mind: to provide its customers with a selection of high-quality detox teas. They source their tea leaves directly from farmers and feature only the cream of the crop.
- Colorful and compelling calls to action.
- An understated menu with simple hover animations that blends well into the background.
- Simple informational blurbs on each product page to highlight their best features.
3. I Love Mole
The term ‘mole’ covers a number of sauces used in Mexican cuisine, including the famous guacamole. I Love Mole pays homage to these flavorful roots through a color-infused site that packs a punch.
- Colorful visuals, including an excellent logo. It shares a color palette with their calls to action and creates an eye-catching effect.
- A wonderful section dedicated to their restaurant, which includes a menu and the option to reserve a table.
The Water Gallery is an ambitious art project that combines glassware craft with eye-catching designs. Not content with being art pieces, their products also foster reusability – so no one is going to be throwing them away in a hurry!
- Elegant deployable sidebar menu.
- Multiple high-quality pictures for each product.
Teatox Australia is a health supplement founded in 2013 to help people achieve better health through their tea detoxing programs. While we can’t speak for its effectiveness, their Shopify design certainly caught our eye.
- Unique blurb icons add a nice personal touch to the homepage.
- Their use of product images with transparent backgrounds is a small detail that reveals a knack for visuals.
Fashion Shopify Store Examples
We have to admit – we’re not experts when it comes to fashion, but we do have a great eye for outstanding design choices. If you don’t believe us, take a look at our picks.
Rhone was built by a group of professionals with a passion for athletics. They became discouraged by the lack of quality sportswear in the market, and decided to jump in and bridge the gap themselves.
- Their use of a full-width header video is an inspired move for a company that focuses on motion.
- A modern design that projects a strong feeling, in part due to its great use of typography.
Bluboho is a jewelry store that oozes elegance – the term “refined” is even part of their tagline. It achieves this look thanks to a well-executed mix of minimalism and sleek typography.
- Simple rotating product images.
- A vast selection of categories, which makes shopping simple.
3. Take a Shot
Take a Shot is the brainchild of a group of young creatives who came together to develop a unique brand of wooden eyewear. Their products mix acetate and polycarbonate materials with bamboo, cherry, and walnut.
- A great combination of regular product images with photos of live models wearing them.
- They include sketches of the dimensions for each model, and it gives the page a whimsical touch.
4. Silk Laundry
Silk Laundry is a collection of classic silk pieces for women that defy trends. All of their products are handmade, and the operation is kept small so they can devote enough time to make each piece perfect.
- A minimalistic design with gorgeous, color-filled images.
- An integrated Instagram feed that doubles as a showcase for their designs, and as a testimonial section for satisfied customers.
UKIES Shoes are a Spanish footwear brand that separates itself from the competition thanks to their patented nanoGel technology. This is made up of a dual layer system designed to keep your feel cool and comfortable – which happens to be the words we’d choose to describe their store.
- A classic, sober design that employs typography to its advantage.
- Gorgeous pictures of each pair of shoes.
Artistic Shopify Store Examples
We’ve already dabbled in fashion, so let’s go one step further and dive into the artistic deep end. Here is our selection of the best artistic stores.
Modern Market offers a large selection of designs and tools for photographers. These include Lightroom presets, legal forms, online lessons, page templates, and more. Modern Market offers it all, and it does so without dropping the ball on its design.
- A clean, minimalistic design based on pastel colors.
- Fantastic landing pages for each product.
IDRAW offers a collection of high-end sketchbooks custom made for artists of all types. They offer sketchbooks for comics, design including cars and shoes (seriously!), and manga. Each of their products includes industry reference materials for their specific purposes.
- The IDRAW homepage is all about the sketchbooks, which is a smart choice.
- Integrated Instagram feed – always a smart marketing tactic.
Rokos is a collection of strange sculptures that do the unexpected. Their homepage, much like some of their products, features some unique design choices that pay off unexpectedly.
- A striking homepage header that’s among the best we’ve ever seen.
- Great use of parallax effects throughout the site.
Pop Chart Lab is an online printers dedicated to the highly-specific craft of rendering data in charts and infographics. They offer hundreds of products, including their famous charts, stationery, and wall decorations. We’re particularly big fans of their cosmic exploration and coffee charts.
- This site offers an excellent example of how to display lots of items per page without cluttering – little spacing between items and compact typography.
5. Calm the Ham
Calm the Ham is a small design studio that offers an eclectic variety of products befitting its name. They aren’t dedicated to a single style or theme – some of their works include a collection of city skylines and a series on filmography.
- Great use of parallax effects without falling into the trap of abusing it.
- A very clean layout.
Pets Shopify Stores
Having satisfied our artistic sensibilities, it’s time to move onto a messier (and hairier) subject – pets. Here are our two favorite Shopify pet stores.
Modko is a Brooklyn-based company that strives to solve some of the issues cat owners must contend with, through modern design. Their first stop? Litter boxes.
- A modern, almost ‘antiseptic’ looking design that matches their products.
- Lovely Instagram feed integration with lots of pictures of their products in use.
Zee.Dog is to dogs as Modko is to cats. This company shares a similar goal, but with a focus on leashes, harnesses, collars, and toys. They even carry a product or two for felines, so they don’t feel left out.
- Fantastic product category and homepage buttons.
- A sleek widget that provides customers with handy size charts and a live chat option.
Home Decor Shopify Store Examples
Our last section is also our biggest by far, which is only fitting since it deals with a category we’re all invested in – home decor. These are our eight favorite (and most inspiring) home decor Shopify stores.
1. Swag Paper
Swag Paper is an online retailer committed to providing high-quality wallpapers that can transform drab walls into upscale surroundings. Best of all, you don’t need any training to apply them yourself, thanks to their helpful ‘peel and stick’ technology.
- The website itself features many of their wallpapers for its own design.
- Straightforward and elegant hover animations.
Hobbe offers a collection of stylish and comfortable rocking chairs. It’s the brainchild of a mother of two, who decided to bring her vision to life when she couldn’t find a suitable rocking chair for her own use.
- A sparse, modern design that gives an upscale feel to the store.
- Excellent product photography that brings the chairs to life.
3. LA LA LAND
LA LA LAND is an online store that stocks products including home decorations, stationary, wall hangings, clothes, and much more from independent labels. The style is very modern, and youth-oriented.
- A colorful, feminine design.
Ivory & Deene is an upscale home decor store that is heavily invested in helping Australian charities. When they’re not helping to save the world, the team focuses on selling all kinds of furniture and decorations, including upmarket products such as chandeliers.
- An elegant, uncluttered design.
Floorplan is the only store on our list that carries rugs. Their passion for them stems from their long historical tradition, and their belief that a great rug is the perfect item to tie a room together.
- Great use of calls to action on their product pages.
Ninnho is a two-person operation focused on creating and distributing luxury towels. Each towel is lovingly designed, then created by Portuguese craftsmen.
- Gorgeous product photography.
Mignon is a small online boutique that started off as a kitchen goods retailer, before expanding to include other types of housewares and party provisions.
- A beautiful, whimsical design.
- Great product photos.
- Flexible product grid.
Finally, Brosa is a modest design studio with an ambitious dream: to create beautiful furniture at accessible prices. To achieve this, they decided to do away with the traditional middleman structure, selling their products from their own store.
- A minimalist, mobile-first design.
With a little work, any Shopify store can distinguish itself from its peers. All you need is a little inspiration for your design – although, every experienced ecommerce user knows that looks aren’t everything.
In this piece, we’ve offered 25 Shopify stores to take inspiration from, but the look of your store is not the only aspect you should be thinking about. With that in mind, check out some of our other ecommerce guides for improving your store:
- How to Set Up Your eCommerce Store on Shopify.
- Payment Gateways for eCommerce Stores.
- Ecommerce Security Explained.
Do you have your own examples of inspirational Shopify stores? Share them with us in the comments section below.