- Ease of Use 9/10
- Support 7/10
- Features 10/10
- Pricing 3/10
Magento Enterprise is an ecommerce solution with powerful built-in features and a large marketplace for add-ons, partners, and integrations. Many consider it to be the most flexible and agile platform in the market.
Particularly if you’re running Magento on your own servers, you could have complete freedom over the look, feel, and functionality of your store and you don’t have to rely on your solution provider to make changes to the site. That said, it also means that you’re in charge of maintaining and updating your servers and store, which requires an in-house team or agency. If you’re not up for all that, you may want to consider the Cloud Edition that Magento launched earlier this year.
A big strength of Magento lies in its large community of experts, developers, and agencies. Support is widely available, and because of this, some merchants have found that they’re able to resolve issues themselves using resources that are readily available.
That said, merchants who need further assistance can turn to Magento experts, agencies, or developers. Magento’s ecosystem is quite large so whether you’re looking for someone to help with coding, design, or maintenance, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding what you need.
There’s also Magento Connect, the platform’s marketplace of add-ons, modules, and integrations. Magento’s marketplace is huge, so if you’re looking to extend the capabilities of the platform, you’ll likely find what you need in Magento Connect.
- Flexible and agile
- Strong community support
- Large ecosystem of developers, experts, designers, etc.
- Highly customisable and expandable through extensions and modules
- No built-in omnichannel features
- Requires optimisation out of the box
Reasons to use Magento Commerce
- Ability to display dynamic content, pricing, and promotions depending on attributes like demographic, purchase history, and more.
- Content staging and preview so merchants can create and see updates without seeking help from IT
- Flexibility to choose the environment in which to deploy the software (i.e. cloud, 3rd party hosting, on premises)
- Varnish page caching, which can decrease response time and reduce the load on servers